What an eventful year-plus it has been since my last entry. The headlines:
- I am engaged to a fantastic man and we're getting married in October. :)
- I am still, well, I suppose "agnostic" is the best description.
- My fiance is not agnostic, though he would say he's a "deist" more than a Christian.
- We are having a Jewish chaplain friend of his marry us. We haven't told our parents yet (mine: Protestant; his: Catholic).
- We are trying to figure out how to tell my mom that we are moving into our newly-purchased condo together next month - before the wedding.
- Five weeks ago, my mom was diagnosed with breast cancer, which sucks of course, and also makes telling her about our impending "living in sin" that much harder.
That said, when my fiance and I start a family, we will have to think through what we want to teach our children, and how we will handle it when one or both sets of grandparents wishes to impart their faith systems to their grandkids. But...one thing at a time!